Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A look at scale - 1/4" - 1/2" - 1/12th dolls

I have been painting doll kits for some of my customers.  I happen to be working on some tiny 1/4" & 1/2 scale dolls and it amazes me how much of a difference there is in the size of each scale.  1/4" scale is so tiny, her head is smaller than a small pea, and the 1/2" scale lady has a head just a bit bigger than a pea.  The !/12th scale lady is about 5 1/2 ", the 1/2" lady is about 2 3/4" tall, and the tiny 1/4" scale lady stands a mere 1 1/2" tall (if even).



Do any of you work in smaller scales very often? I prefer 1/12th scale myself but will on occasion dress some 1/2" scale dolls as well. If anyone wants to share photos of their smaller dolls, send me the photos and I can post them.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I can imagine how difficult it is to make beautiful dolls in such a small scale. Great work!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing details. Thank you for sharing this with us Gina. I think I will stick to 1/12th scale...lol. Love to see your work. Post some pictures for us to see the finished dolls.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs,
    Morena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dzieło sztuki! Lalki są piękne. To musiała być bardzo trudna praca. Uściski!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que cosas mas bonitas,yo tengo una casita de 1/24 y no habia visto a las muñecas tan pequeñas,son muy muy bonitas,besos Auxi.

    ReplyDelete